Unable to restore backup from pbs backup client

powersupport

Jan 18, 2020
#proxmox-backup-client snapshot list
Password for "root@pam": ************
┌─────────────────────────────────┬──────────┬────────────────────────────────────┐
│ snapshot │ size │ files │
╞═════════════════════════════════╪══════════╪════════════════════════════════════╡
│ host/test1/2021-05-26T14:32:03Z │ 4.78 GiB │ catalog.pcat1 index.json root.pxar │
├─────────────────────────────────┼──────────┼────────────────────────────────────┤
│ host/test1/2021-05-26T17:43:37Z │ 4.79 GiB │ catalog.pcat1 index.json root.pxar │
└─────────────────────────────────┴──────────┴────────────────────────────────────┘

#proxmox-backup-client restore host/test1/2021-05-26T14:32:03Z root.pxar /
Error: error extracting archive - error at entry ".autorelabel": failed to create file ".autorelabel": EEXIST: File exists

May I check is possible to restore the file to the same location? anyone can advise on this error we encountered?

The backup client version: 1.0.11

Thank you.

You need to restore to an empty directory. We currently do not allow to overwrite existing data.

Hi,

I have also tried to restore to a different empty folder, but went to an error as below,

# proxmox-backup-client restore host/test1/2021-05-26T14:32:03Z root.pxar test
Error: error extracting archive - error at entry "": failed to apply directory metadata: failed to apply acls: Error while restoring ACL - ACL invalid

Please advice

Thank you

Hi,

I have also tried to restore to a different empty folder, but went to an error as below,

# proxmox-backup-client restore host/test1/2021-05-26T14:32:03Z root.pxar test
Error: error extracting archive - error at entry "": failed to apply directory metadata: failed to apply acls: Error while restoring ACL - ACL invalid

Please advice

Thank you
You need to restore to a filesystem which supports the contained ACLs (that backup contains ACLs).

So I can't have a BIOS-boot partition mounted to /boot for it to write the initramfs from backup into it? Same with /boot/efi I guess? I'd have to restore, rename that folder, mount my boot/uefi partitions, then copy that data into it, for no other reason than it won't write into an empty folder.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!