Unable to remove qcow2 from old template

osopolar

Nov 3, 2022
Please see attached image i am trying to remove it.
I had a template but the 3 VM's i created i selected Full Clone to make them independent of the template
But i cannot move it please can you tell me why or how i fix it?

https://i.imgur.com/BtHRxDc.png

qemu-img: Could not open '/mnt/pve/OneTBnvme/images/101/vm-101-disk-0.qcow2': Could not read image for determining its format: Input/output error
could not parse qemu-img info command output for '/mnt/pve/OneTBnvme/images/101/vm-101-disk-0.qcow2' - malformed JSON string, neither tag, array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "(end of string)") at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Plugin.pm line 953.

qemu-img: Could not open '/mnt/pve/OneTBnvme/images/102/vm-102-disk-0.qcow2': Could not read image for determining its format: Input/output error
could not parse qemu-img info command output for '/mnt/pve/OneTBnvme/images/102/vm-102-disk-0.qcow2' - malformed JSON string, neither tag, array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "(end of string)") at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Plugin.pm line 953.

qemu-img: Could not open '/mnt/pve/OneTBnvme/images/103/vm-103-disk-0.qcow2': Could not read image for determining its format: Input/output error
could not parse qemu-img info command output for '/mnt/pve/OneTBnvme/images/103/vm-103-disk-0.qcow2' - malformed JSON string, neither tag, array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "(end of string)") at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Plugin.pm line 953.

/usr/bin/chattr: Read-only file system while setting flags on /mnt/pve/OneTBnvme/images/999/base-999-disk-0.qcow2
command '/usr/bin/chattr -i /mnt/pve/OneTBnvme/images/999/base-999-disk-0.qcow2' failed: exit code 1
TASK ERROR: unlink '/mnt/pve/OneTBnvme/images/999/base-999-disk-0.qcow2' failed - Read-only file system

From the first looks of it, your storage seems to be mounted read-only, likely because of errors (judging by the io errors in the first 3 lines). So check your storage first.

I didn't mean you have a permissions issue.

If you have a physical disk that throws errors, default behaviour of most filesystems is to re-mount the disk in read-only mode. So you can have all the write permissions in the world, but the disk being mounted read-only, you are not going to be able to write to it.

If you open a shell on your proxmox server and type
Code:
mount | grep OneTBnvme

What output do you get?

Yes, the ro in (ro, relatime) indicates that the disk is indeed mounted read-only. Your SSD is probably faulty. You should replace it.

Yes, the ro in (ro, relatime) indicates that the disk is indeed mounted read-only. Your SSD is probably faulty. You should replace it
I just removed and added back and now read
/dev/nvme0n1p1 on /mnt/pve/OneTBnvme type ext4 (rw,relatime)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!