Unable to Reach VM Web GUIs

Unturned8798

Jul 9, 2023
Please forgive me in advance. I'm fairly new to Proxmox and I am overcoming some new user issues...

I have a single Proxmox PVE 8.0.3 server. On it I have 1 VT (Debian12-Jellyfin) and 3 VMs (Ubuntu-TrueNAS, FreeBSD-OPNsense, and WinServ2022-BlueIris). OPNsense is on a separate NIC card and the web GUI is reachable. Of the 3 remaining, I am most interested in getting BlueIris working, so I will focus on that VM (the other 2 likely are falling to the same fate).

BlueIris is running on a Windows Server 2022 Eval install. The machine is set up fairly basic:
Screenshot from 2023-07-09 14.11.54.png
And it's network device (vmbr1) is set up:
Screenshot from 2023-07-09 14.16.22.png.

I can open a console to the VM and use the actual application, but I am unable to reach the web GUI, and I cannot figure out why.

What I've tried:
* static reservations in OPNsense
* dynamically handed out leases in OPNsense
* LAN interface
* Not LAN interface
* PVE Network Device Firewall On
* PVE Network Device Firewall Off
* probably more that I'm forgetting

According to BlueIris, it has an IP address of 192.168.1.30:
Screenshot from 2023-07-09 14.31.19.png

I am unable to ping or reach it from a workstation that has the IP address of 192.168.1.202. There should be no firewall in between the two...

Please help and thank you in advance, my family I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-07-09 14.11.54.png
    Screenshot from 2023-07-09 14.11.54.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 7
Hi,
according to your output, your bridge vmbr1 has the bridge-port eno2 connected. Are you sure that this interface is connected to the same network segment as your workstation from where you try to ping?

Also, you can try and assign an IP address from the same subnet to the bridge itself and try to ping the VM from there, as well as ping the given IP from you workstation to identify where the issue might be located.

Please forgive me in advance. I'm fairly new to Proxmox and I am overcoming some new user issues...

I have a single Proxmox PVE 8.0.3 server. On it I have 1 VT (Debian12-Jellyfin) and 3 VMs (Ubuntu-TrueNAS, FreeBSD-OPNsense, and WinServ2022-BlueIris). OPNsense is on a separate NIC card and the web GUI is reachable. Of the 3 remaining, I am most interested in getting BlueIris working, so I will focus on that VM (the other 2 likely are falling to the same fate).

BlueIris is running on a Windows Server 2022 Eval install. The machine is set up fairly basic:
View attachment 52756
And it's network device (vmbr1) is set up:
View attachment 52757.

I can open a console to the VM and use the actual application, but I am unable to reach the web GUI, and I cannot figure out why.

What I've tried:
* static reservations in OPNsense
* dynamically handed out leases in OPNsense
* LAN interface
* Not LAN interface
* PVE Network Device Firewall On
* PVE Network Device Firewall Off
* probably more that I'm forgetting

According to BlueIris, it has an IP address of 192.168.1.30:
View attachment 52758

I am unable to ping or reach it from a workstation that has the IP address of 192.168.1.202. There should be no firewall in between the two...

Please help and thank you in advance, my family I really appreciate it.

1. Are you 100% sure that ALL firewall services are OFF in the win2022 server?
2. And have you checked if Blueiris is Allowed through the Windows Firewall with an exeption/rule?

If unsure about nr 1., then check nr 2 for that rule.

1. Are you 100% sure that ALL firewall services are OFF in the win2022 server?
2. And have you checked if Blueiris is Allowed through the Windows Firewall with an exeption/rule?

If unsure about nr 1., then check nr 2 for that rule.
I had not checked anything with the Windows Firewall. I never saw a prompt, so I assumed I was good to go. I created an exception for BlueIris' three executables in the installation directory. I am now able to reach the web GUI... I feel quite incompetent right about now.
Hi,
according to your output, your bridge vmbr1 has the bridge-port eno2 connected. Are you sure that this interface is connected to the same network segment as your workstation from where you try to ping?

Also, you can try and assign an IP address from the same subnet to the bridge itself and try to ping the VM from there, as well as ping the given IP from you workstation to identify where the issue might be located.
Yes, I have a patch cord inserted into each port.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!