Unable to mount cifs storage (CT)

EnKu

Feb 24, 2024
Hello

Today I decided to create some sort of system for media on proxmox.
I have couple CTs running radarr, sonar etc.
I wanted to mount the same shared folder I’ve created on my Synology NAS using cifs, for all CTs
When I try mounting it to deluge I get an error: mount error(115): Operation now in progress
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg)

I think I isolated issue but can’t fix it. Other CTs run on my “base” network (at least right now) but I have CT running openwrt with VPN on it and my deluge is connected to it so it’s like a different net right? Deluge’s IP 172.xx.xx.255, Synology’s IP 10.xx.xx.10

My steps are:

Code:
nano /etc/fstab

I put:
//10.xx.xx.10/Media /mnt cifs username=xxx,password=xxx

Code:
systemctl daemon-reload

Code:
mount -a

I’m stuck ;-; any help would be much appreciated

logs are:
[ 9223.655280] CIFS: VFS: Error connecting to socket. Aborting operation.
[ 9223.655291] CIFS: VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -115

Hi,

Did you simply authorised the ct to do cifs mount ?
(Do that via option ct tab )

Hi,

Did you simply authorised the ct to do cifs mount ?
(Do that via option ct tab )
yes I did. But nvm. I gave up, Synology is trash anyway. I can't use any storage type reliably. Doesn't matter if I add storage from synology as NFS, CIFS etc. it works for 10seconds, then disconnects for 10 seconds, then it works and so on so on I'm so tired of this

yes I did. But nvm. I gave up, Synology is trash anyway. I can't use any storage type reliably. Doesn't matter if I add storage from synology as NFS, CIFS etc. it works for 10seconds, then disconnects for 10 seconds, then it works and so on so on I'm so tired of this
Hum.... it s sounds like a ethernet card or cable dead. Or maybe a software update on any firmware ethernet

I actually got new issue
NFS Storage started to disconnect and connects every couple of seconds
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 17.07.04.png
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 20.09.50.png
when checking mnt on pve I can see all previously mounted NFS volumes, not sure if that's good or not
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 20.48.59.png
here I can't
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 21.20.23.png

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!