Unable to log in on PVE servers with Firefox since update to 7.4-3

serversonic

Aug 19, 2022
I have a three machine cluster and have used one as the 'main' interface for a year or so. I use Firefox as my main browser on a KDE desktop.

I upgraded to 7.4-3 last week and since then I have been unable to log in on the machine I usually log into. I have also now found that the other machines cannot be logged in more than once. I have tried clearing cookies and all data but it still fails. There are no errors in the developer console. Chromium and Vivaldi still work so I can still work with the cluster.

If your Firefox version is > V106 it should work without errors. However you can try to change this value to 0 in about:config if you‘re already on the latest version:

dom.w3c_touch_events.enabled

If your Firefox version is > V106 it should work without errors. However you can try to change this value to 0 in about:config if you‘re already on the latest version:

dom.w3c_touch_events.enabled

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, that hasn't worked. I'm on v112. There are a couple of javascript errors in the developer console but I don't know how relevant they are.

I found what the problem with this was last night. Other browsers weren't working either, but on Vivaldi I noticed that the language field in the login box was lined red and there was a small red exclamation mark by it with the message 'Value 'English' not allowed!' . Changing that drop down from 'Default (English)' to 'English - English' let me log in. The field is lined in red in Firefox but there is no message. Changing to 'English - English' seems to have a set a cookie and it now works, unless it was related to updates since.

I was getting the same message 'Value 'English' not allowed!' using Chrome and co-incidentally using LastPass with autofill to attempt login to my newly upgraded Proxmox 8.0.2 host.

What worked for me was to delete my LastPass entry for this host, ctrl-shift-r in that browser window and attempt login again. This time the Language listed 'English - English' as a default (even though I attempted manually selecting it before but it would get set back to 'English' - by LastPass assume) and my login was now successful.

I came to ask for help because i had the same issue. I tried the solution in the post above and it worked perfectly.

Hi All,

I just wanted to report on this error myself as well. However, what worked for me was what FastD pointed out, I am using LastPass as well, and once I deleted the prefill the problem went away.

What an odd error to get but I am just grateful that I don't have to deal with it again.

Cheers,
David.

Just to add that I had the same issue, my fix was to right click on LastPass and select "This can read and change site data", setting it to "when I click", which effectively disables autofill.

I then picked English - English instead of "Default - English" and it logged in fine.

But I've since deleted the entry in LastPass, logged back in and added the password again. Hopefully it stays fixed.

Reactions: Mukiwa
I had the same issue (LastPass on Vivaldi) and found the solution.

If you edit the saved entry in LastPass for your Proxmox server, you should see it recorded all four fields of the login form, not just username and password. I removed the Language field from being stored in Proxmox and the problem went away.

I had the same issue (LastPass on Vivaldi) and found the solution.

If you edit the saved entry in LastPass for your Proxmox server, you should see it recorded all four fields of the login form, not just username and password. I removed the Language field from being stored in Proxmox and the problem went away.
This solved the problem for me. Thanks a lot !

I was getting the same message 'Value 'English' not allowed!' using Chrome and co-incidentally using LastPass with autofill to attempt login to my newly upgraded Proxmox 8.0.2 host.

What worked for me was to delete my LastPass entry for this host, ctrl-shift-r in that browser window and attempt login again. This time the Language listed 'English - English' as a default (even though I attempted manually selecting it before but it would get set back to 'English' - by LastPass assume) and my login was now successful.
That fixed it for me, thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!