Unable To Access Proxmox Web GUI From Outside LAN

amisdar

Jan 27, 2022
Hi Guys, I really appreciate it if someone can assist me with this.

I have no issue accessing my Proxmox Web Interface from my local network but from outside (via the Internet) I can't make it work. Yes, I have enabled port forwarding for 8006 to my Proxmox server in the router. The same issue with happening with SSH too. However, I can SSH into the container from outside without any problem, but SSH into the node itself is not working.

This was working fine before. Then, I needed to conduct a fresh installation due to a hard drive failure and this problem happened.

I really have no clue. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Hi,

Since it was working before, you do not need to do anything on the PVE side... You have to re-check if the MAC address is the same in your router or if the IP is the same.

I would also check if the firewall is enabled in your PVE.

Have you checked on the 22, 8006 ports outside using nmap?

Hi,

Since it was working before, you do not need to do anything on the PVE side... You have to re-check if the MAC address is the same in your router or if the IP is the same.

I would also check if the firewall is enabled in your PVE.

Have you checked on the 22, 8006 ports outside using nmap?
Thanks for your reply Moayad!

I didn't use nmap, but an online test using Port Forwarding Tester shows interesting results. It states that port 8006 and 22 is closed! Both ports suppose to be open on the Node. But a test on other ports (ie: 8443, 443, 80) for services that I run from the LXC container shows it is open.

I doubled check the network settings on the Node and I saw the wrong Gateway address was used!! This is the source of the problem.

So with the correct Gateway address in the Node, this issue is solved.

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply Moayad!

I didn't use nmap, but an online test using Port Forwarding Tester shows interesting results. It states that port 8006 and 22 is closed! Both ports suppose to be open on the Node. But a test on other ports (ie: 8443, 443, 80) for services that I run from the LXC container shows it is open.

I doubled check the network settings on the Node and I saw the wrong Gateway address was used!! This is the source of the problem.

So with the correct Gateway address in the Node, this issue is solved.

Thanks!
I often have doubts with results from these online testers. In my case the wireguard port is closed following the onlinetester. At the same moment I check my working Wireguard connection.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!