Unable to access internet

MatTeague

Nov 20, 2023
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here and I'm pretty new to Proxmox and networking. I had setup two Proxmox servers on two mini PCs and everything was working fine. However, something went wrong with my UDM Pro router which caused a number of issues including no longer being able to access my Proxmox servers via their local IP or by the internet. I have now replaced this router with the UDM SE router. I am now able to access my servers via their local IPs but I still cannot get them to access the internet. When I ping 8.8.8.8 I get `From 192.168.10.15 icmp_seq=3 Destination Host Unreachable` and when I try and run this script `
bash -c "$(wget -qLO - https://github.com/tteck/Proxmox/raw/main/ct/zigbee2mqtt.sh)"` it does nothing.

When I check my UDM SE network I can see my Proxmox on there but with 0 up and down speeds. Latency tests seem to work.

I have attached screenshots of my network setting for both Proxmox servers. The Proxmox one hasn't been changed since it was working and the Proxmox 2 images are of a fresh install as I wanted to see if a fresh install would solve it. My DNS settings are set to 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 which are Cloudflares settings.

I'm at a complete loss on what to do to get my serves back online. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Proxmox 1 - ip a.png
    Proxmox 1 - ip a.png
    198 KB · Views: 13
  • Proxmox 2 - ip a.png
    Proxmox 2 - ip a.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Proxmox 1.png
    Proxmox 1.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Proxmox 2.png
    Proxmox 2.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I also have this issue. I installed the backup server in virtualbox to check something first, but it cannot connect to anything... Not even with the gateway...
Im always getting "From" ip "icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable"

IP : 192.168.2.231 (static and not used, DHCP also didn't work)
gateway: 192.168.2.2
dns: 8.8.8.8

Im sure the physical layer should be fine. Changed ethernet cable and speedtest in browser.
VM network type: NAT

Anybody got any idea ?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!