Ubuntu 20.04 vm - no DNS entry

kodo

Feb 9, 2024
Sorry for this noob question. I have a small proxmox dc with two hosts. I've deployed a new ubuntu 20.04 server based vm on one of the hosts. From that vm I'm able to ping *any* lxc-container and/or vm with their host and fqdn name - no problem here. These lxc:s and vm:s are also available through our gateway (pfsense) using vpn. However, my new ubuntu vm is "invisible" from any other machine although it exist on the same bridge interface in proxmox. I obviously have a problem with my nameserver/dns setup. The ip-lease is correct though - the new vm is assigned a valid ip for the given network and accessing it using the ip is no problem whatsoever. I'm a dns noob so I can't figure out how to solve this :( Any indication on how to approach this is very much appreciated.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!