Ubuntu 18.04 LTS - LXC Template?

I just uploaded a Ubuntu 18.04 LTS LXC template. If you want to test, please run

# pveam update

Then you can download the new template using the GUI.

I just uploaded a Ubuntu 18.04 LTS LXC template. If you want to test, please run

# pveam update

Then you can download the new template using the GUI.

Failed with a "TASK ERROR: unsupported Ubuntu version '18.04'" message when creating the CT.

Oh sorry, It also requires pve-container 2.0-22. I just updated that package in the 5.X repositories. Please update and test again.

Oh sorry, It also requires pve-container 2.0-22. I just updated that package in the 5.X repositories. Please update and test again.
I have the same problem on Proxmox 4.4 with pve-container: 1.0-105.
It's possible to install Ubuntu 18.04 on this version ?
Thanks

Hi, I'm using proxmox 5.1-46 and pve-container is 2.0-19. How do I update it exactly to be able to use ubuntu 18 lxc? apt-get update and upgrade show nothing.

There isn't really a lot to read, so if you would be more explicit, that would be great. The server I'm currently using doesn't have a proxmox subscription, so obviously the enterprise repositories are commented out - if that's what you're referring to. In any case, I'd be quite surprised if you needed a subscrption to be able to install the latest version.
Obviously, I did reboot.
So I changed the repositories, as previously said, apt-get update, apt dist-upgrade...

There isn't really a lot to read, so if you would be more explicit, that would be great. The server I'm currently using doesn't have a proxmox subscription, so obviously the enterprise repositories are commented out - if that's what you're referring to. In any case, I'd be quite surprised if you needed a subscrption to be able to install the latest version.
Obviously, I did reboot.
So I changed the repositories, as previously said, apt-get update, apt dist-upgrade...

Pointing you to the upgrade guide should be enough - the docs tells you that you have to configure a valid update repository.

The guide also points you to this page:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Package_Repositories

=> add the pve-no-subscription repo

Yeah, well, no, it wasn't. The second link is much clearer. In the meantime I did solve it and found out how to configure it. I'm still not sure how using only the security repo actually breaks things, while the download.proxmox repo fixes things... Thanks.

I'm still not sure how using only the security repo actually breaks things, while the download.proxmox repo fixes things... Thanks.

All Proxmox related packages are delivered via the Proxmox repositories, so you do not get update if you only use the debian default repo.

What do you mean I don't get updates? I do get updates. I'm supposing you're referring to proxmox updates also in your second sentence. I have another server for testing purposes whose source.list contains only the following:
```deb http://ftp.ro.debian.org/debian stretch main contrib
deb http://security.debian.org stretch/updates main contrib```

And I do get updates... but probably not proxmox-related updates. So basically it is dangerous to keep only these repos without the proxmox repos. That's how I broke my pve-container/lxc/app-armor packages.

What do you mean I don't get updates? I do get updates. I'm supposing you're referring to proxmox updates also in your second sentence. I have another server for testing purposes whose source.list contains only the following:
```deb http://ftp.ro.debian.org/debian stretch main contrib
deb http://security.debian.org stretch/updates main contrib```

And I do get updates... but probably not proxmox-related updates. So basically it is dangerous to keep only these repos without the proxmox repos. That's how I broke my pve-container/lxc/app-armor packages.

If you want Proxmox VE updates, you need a valid repository, otherwise no updates will be delivered and thats the reason why you broke your container.

What you're saying doesn't make any sense. I broke my container because there were NO UPDATES to be applied? I broke my containers AFTER I updated the proxmox (i.e. the underlying Debian OS), using ONLY debian repositories. It's as simple as that. Why are you saying that no updates are delivered? They ARE delivered, it's just that there are no updates coming from proxmox - which is obvious, as long as I don't use any proxmox repos (and by that I'm not saying that I shouldn't - I'm just trying to get the logic behind all this).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!