Two Network

Wasi Rahman

Jan 21, 2022
Hi,

I have two Internet with different ISP. First is connected through a router and another one is plugged in directly. Since I cannot use vmbr1 with another gateway, network is unreachable with any VM I assign it with.

Q1. How do I set up up the network in my node to have access to the secondary network?
Q2. Should I remove vmbr1 settings and leave it blank and assign network settings inside the VM?

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_5.png

CIDR and Gateway is just for your host. You can assign each guest its own gateway and IP in the guests OS.

PS:
If you want a multiple gateway setup with failover or load balancing you might want to have a look at OPNsense. Many people run a OPNsense VM as a router infront of the other guests, so other guests will connect to the OPNsense router VM (that acts as a router/firewall/DHCP/DNS/VPN/proxy/IPS and so on) and OPNsense will then dynamically route/NAT the packets to one of the two gateways.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wasi Rahman

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!