Tuxis launches free Proxmox Backup Server BETA service

Is there some guide to read on how to configure my local PBS to "push" backups to your PBS? Or maybe a best practice doc on the different kind of scenarios/configs?
We answered this question directly, but in this forum it was unanswered.

You can't push your PBS backups to our PBS service. We have to pull it. Create an account for us with minimum rights and we will pull.
This is not something we do for free accounts.

Reactions: alexdelprete
We answered this question directly, but in this forum it was unanswered.

You can't push your PBS backups to our PBS service. We have to pull it. Create an account for us with minimum rights and we will pull.
This is not something we do for free accounts.

Thanks for all the support you gave me via email. I can safely say that you have a great service and I can really recommend it to anybody in order to backup the proxmox environment. It's absolutely amazing how well it is working. Plus, with the free account, I can safely backup everything without paying anything. But I highly recommend it for businesses, it works really well.

Reactions: tuxis
Our local PBS does the actual backup and then the backups are synced every hour to Tuxis server.
Hi, this is a use case I'm also looking at, very interesting.
Can you elaborate on how you have the sync setup? As I understand that you can only pull from remote at this time in PBS, so a port forward on your own firewall would be necessary to get this working, and then pull from Tuxis.

Can we do remote synchronisation with the free 150 Go ?

wheni try i have permission check failed.

Hi, this is a use case I'm also looking at, very interesting.
Can you elaborate on how you have the sync setup? As I understand that you can only pull from remote at this time in PBS, so a port forward on your own firewall would be necessary to get this working, and then pull from Tuxis.
This is indeed the way to go.

Reactions: janssensm
Can we do remote synchronisation with the free 150 Go ?

wheni try i have permission check failed.
No, Remote Sync is only possible for paid accounts.

The reason you get a permission check failed is because it is an admin-only action, since you are able to edit *all* remotes on the server with that permission, including remotes for other users.

No, Remote Sync is only possible for paid accounts.

The reason you get a permission check failed is because it is an admin-only action, since you are able to edit *all* remotes on the server with that permission, including remotes for other users.
Thanks for the quick answer for the replication.

I 'am testing the backup, and so far so good. It's very fast.

So far so good here too. Thanks very much. Onboarding process went very well too.
Configured an api token for the actual backup storage.
For the moment I set totp 2fa on the main account as the webauthn seems not configured. I hope this will be configured in the future.

It feels rather awkward to be backing up to a system I have gotten used to... locally... in my own physical home.
And now at a hosting provider. In my own country. Nice to see this happening in these dark times.

because I only git 40Mbit upload I use tuxis from time to time as an additional datastore
I was also a bit worried about this as I have a limited upload speed too.
But the long upload times only occur the first time the backup is created for the particular vm.
The next time (incremental) backup speed is on par with local :). Even with a reboot in between so a new dirty-bitmap.

How do we get the new fingerprint?
The old one doesn't seem to match with the free account.
Thank you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!