trying to aquire lock...TASK ERROR: can't lock file '/var/lock/qemu-server/...

jtasipit

Sep 19, 2013
Please help. I am trying to stop a VM using command line on the node it was hosted. The reason I did it because we have a problem on the Node Web GUI and we badly needed to stop the VM. I used command #qm stop <vmid>. This seems to work but when I start it using command #qm start <vmid>, this is the error message:

"trying to aquire lock...TASK ERROR: can't lock file '/var/lock/qemu-server/lock-109.conf' - got timeout"

Thanks in advance.

luphi

Nov 9, 2015
I'm in the same situation, but before I delete the lock file manually, I want to make sure, that it is safe to do so.
Which process is using these lock files? What do I have to care about, to be on the safe side?

Btw: The lock file is more than a week old and I rebooted the VM several time since then.

Cheers,
luphi

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE and Proxmox Mail Gateway. We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get your own in 60 seconds.

Buy now!