trying to aquire lock...TASK ERROR: can't lock file '/var/lock/qemu-server/...

i am stepping in into this, with even starting a container, the same issue happens.

i just started a created a container, and started it, i got the same ugly message, i was refreshing the desired page waiting for the LXC to load with no luck, then i went back to proxmox and

TASK ERROR: can't lock file '/run/lock/lxc/pve-config-100.lock' - got timeout

Hi,
i am stepping in into this, with even starting a container, the same issue happens.

i just started a created a container, and started it, i got the same ugly message, i was refreshing the desired page waiting for the LXC to load with no luck, then i went back to proxmox and

TASK ERROR: can't lock file '/run/lock/lxc/pve-config-100.lock' - got timeout
likely another task is already holding the lock. Please check the Task History of the container to see if there are any other running tasks and also check the output of fuser -vau /run/lock/lxc/pve-config-100.lock.

Hi,

likely another task is already holding the lock. Please check the Task History of the container to see if there are any other running tasks and also check the output of fuser -vau /run/lock/lxc/pve-config-100.lock.
Thanks for the reply, however there is no task, it is newly created container in a newly created environment. I am crazy when it comes to testing, I rebuilt everything from scratch.

BTW, this is applied to all the containersni created.

Using 8.2.2

Thanks for the reply, however there is no task, it is newly created container in a newly created environment. I am crazy when it comes to testing, I rebuilt everything from scratch.

BTW, this is applied to all the containersni created.

Using 8.2.2
Are you sure the creation task is finished and there is not already a second start task? The fuser command should indicate what is holding the lock.

Are you sure the creation task is finished and there is not already a second start task? The fuser command should indicate what is holding the lock.
i am sure and here is another example from another machine and here is the output, where i cannot shutdown the machine at all. it has ubuntu server 22.04

there is something wrong with Virtual Environment 8.2.4 or 8.2 in general,

Code:
USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND

Please share your system logs/journal from around the time the issue happens and the container configuration pct config 100, as well as the output of pveversion -v.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!