System hanging after upgrade...NIC driver?

I have proxmox version pve-manager/8.1.3/b46aac3b42da5d15 (running kernel: 6.5.11-4-pve) and have the following network card Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

lsmod|grep 816 gives:
r8169

The question is, has the problem been resolved in this proxmox version? And otherwise how do I get the correct driver installed? Because I keep getting the message with apt install r8168-dkms that I have an incorrect kernel version

I have proxmox version pve-manager/8.1.3/b46aac3b42da5d15 (running kernel: 6.5.11-4-pve) and have the following network card Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

lsmod|grep 816 gives:
r8169

The question is, has the problem been resolved in this proxmox version? And otherwise how do I get the correct driver installed? Because I keep getting the message with apt install r8168-dkms that I have an incorrect kernel version
Just read this thread and remove the dkms package and use the one which comes with the kernel. For me all works fine now .
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/a...-network-not-work-anymore.136831/#post-609005

Reactions: andlil

lsmod|grep 816 gives:
r8169

I followed this guide with success:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To_hXK10Do

The video is not available for me either. But the link to post-609005 was the solution for me. Thanks for the link.

Reactions: JF62

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!