Summary Graphics breaks during backup of VMs

VDNKH

Aug 8, 2016
Greetings friends of the proxmox community

I have a question.

I have a nightly backup task of my virtual machines, but I realized that the graph of cpu, ram memory and network usage. They all kind of break.

Do you know what it means?

Attach an image of the server

Attachments

• 1-1.png
    1-1.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 1-0.png
    1-0.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 5
Hi,
it might be that the server is too overloaded and pvestatd (service for statistics) is not able to update anymore. You can check your /var/log/syslog and journalctl -u pvestatd.service for errors. There is a build of QEMU that's less aggressive during backup (will be configurable on a per-job basis in a future version of Proxmox VE). A VM needs to be shutdown/started after installing the new version (reboot is not enough!). You could check if the situation is better with that build.

Reactions: VDNKH and Neobin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!