suddenly cannot boot from ZFS "checksum verification failed"

Nov 8, 2017
Muscat
I installed OS and Proxmox on ZFS raid1z on two USB sticks. Then I migrated them to two new SAS15K drive for more performance.
It's been working for one year and had many maintenance reboots. but this time it doesn't boot after a reboot and shows:

Trying to boot from USB DRIVE (C:\)
checksum verification failed
dropped to grub rescue

I have booted into a live cd with zfs support cli, ran:

zpool import -a

1.png

You can see sda and sdb are my SAS drives, and my usb flash disks are not in the pool.
however when I do fdisk -l I can see one my the usb flash drives have zfs file system and cannot be removed or formated.

2.png

It seems pretty unnormal to me and I literally have no idea how to go ahead.
I'm trying to install grub on any of USB sticks, but the one with zfs filesystem is read only and can't use fdisk , cfdisk, dd on it.
And grub gets faild when trying to install on the other.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!