start-stop vm in cluster via ssh

naja7host

May 15, 2009
Hello

i have a cluster with 3 server . i want to stop/start/restart/ form the master cluster via ssh for other vm in the slave cluster , but the command vzctl stop xxx give the error :
Container config file does not exist

how should i do this ?

connect to the node via ssh where the container run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes , i know , but i want to know if there are a methode to make them start/stop/reboot from the master node . i want to make a bash script to execute this command from the master node .

yes, and what is the problem?

The probleme i want to reboot VM in a slave node from master node wia SSH with vzctl command , or should i use another command

The probleme i want to reboot VM in a slave node from master node wia SSH with vzctl command , or should i use another command

Simply use ssh to execute the command on the other node (you can you that from the master in your bash script).

Sorry , maybe i'm not understand you .

i have master node with VM id 101; 102 , 103 ,
i have 1 slave node with VM id 104, 105 , 106 .
i have 1 slave node with VM id 107 .

i want to stop Vm id 105 from master node with vzctl stop 15 , but i get the error :
Container config file does not exist

what is the correct command that i should do ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!