SSL Connection error, please offer suggestions

Anexgohan

Sep 25, 2022
So, I was testing out some certificate stuff and might have accidentally borked my Proxmox.
Usually, I would just reinstall it but this time it's different. I'm getting the following errors with

curl:
curl: (35) OpenSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL
and wget:
GnuTLS: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Unable to establish SSL connection.

So basically I cannot install or run anything anymore.
I have shared screenshots of me attempting to install pi-hole using both curl and wget, but both fail, i have also shared "openssl s_client -debug", please take a look.
The install is a fresh install of proxmox with "apt update && apt dist-upgrade" already applied using no-sub repo.
The real issue is even after a complete wipe and reinstalls of proxmox this error persists, even on fresh installs.
The funniest thing is this is my old pc on which proxmox is installed but, the same exact error is now showing up on my primary pc running windows, these two are separate computers I was just using my 1st pc to SSH into the Proxmox pc.
Everything was working fine with wget and curl had no issues before i stupidly tried toying with ssl certificates and now i regret it hugely.

I have now spent 3 days trying to figure this out but it's beyond me for sure, please help guys I'm just stuck with no way out, help a noob.

Attachments

• chrome_UFVVhh9SGS.png
    chrome_UFVVhh9SGS.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 17
  • chrome_gtMACgIPi6.png
    chrome_gtMACgIPi6.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Did you install Docker in a container on your PVE host?
Is `anex` your PVE host?

Do you have a firewall between your PVE host and the outside?
Which certificates did you change?

Did you install Docker in a container on your PVE host?
Is `anex` your PVE host?

Do you have a firewall between your PVE host and the outside?
Which certificates did you change?
1). Yes, docker is in LXC container, but wget and curl not working in any container or even host I tried same error
2). my host file
Code:
root@anex:~# nano /etc/hosts
Code:
  GNU nano 5.4                          /etc/hosts                                   
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.127.199 anex.pve1 anex

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts

::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

3). I had free comodo but i turned it off also reinstalled window 10 on the second machine overwriting proxmox, with ubuntu on windows and getting same error

4). Which certificates did you change?
I was just following this youtube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH4gXcvkmOY&t=1310s
Tbh I had zero idea what i was doing.

Yes, Docker in a container can lead to network issues. So Reinstall the PVE host and only install Docker in a VM.
There are a few posts here in the forum with similar network issues caused by Docker installed in a container.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!