Spam Qauarantine Overview

mstadlmayr

Sep 7, 2018
Hello,

in our company the CIO wants that the quarantie is checked by the IT staff. Is there a possibility to create a overview over all Spam Quarantine to Delete or Deliver theses messages?

regards,
Martin

You (Admin/Quarantine Manager) can check the spam quarantine per user mailbox. There is no way to display all in one page.

Can I make a feature request for this?

A web gui displaying thousands of quarantined emails is hard to implement (without creating too much load on the host). So far our devs declined this (there are reasons).

I had a similar request. Based on Tom's response to another thread, you can add a BCC action object to the quarantine rule (send a copy to another mailbox).

In our case, the trick will be to send it to a mailbox with zero spam filtering, or we'll have crazy back-scatter issues. I will probably end up spinning up a VM specifically configured to host this dummy account - or spend a bit of time figuring out how to add Dovecot to PMG without breaking things :)

You may want to use Thunderbird to read the contents of the spam account, it gives you a better ability to view the message source for example.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!