[SOLVED] Remotes and PAM realms.

Gilberto Ferreira

Renowned Member
Hi there.

I'm try it the remote feature, but I have noticed that we can no create a user using PAM realms, either in the WEB GUI or using proxmox-backup-manager user create, via cli. So in order to use a remote in pbs02 to sync jobs from pbs01, was needed to create the user as pbs realm, and then, edit with nano the file /etc/proxmox-backup/user.cfg and changed it from sync@pbs to sync@pam. Just after doing this, I can listing the remote datastore. Otherwise I get a permission error.
Of course needed to add the sync@pam user as a admin into access control.

I hope this can fix in the next release.

Cheers.

EDIT: After I send this message, I have noted that through the CLI you can create using user@pam. Of course because it is PAM it has to exist in the system first.
But on the Web it's not possible. Wheb try to use user@pam, it turns to user@pam@pbs.

Last edited:
i do not understand. why do you need a @pam user? everything should work the same with the 'pbs' realm as well (permissions/sync/etc) can you post the exact errors you got?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!