Solusvm to Proxmox 2.0

I do not know solus vm in detail but as far as I know you talk about OpenVZ containers?

e.g. with backup/restore, using vzdump.

Run on the SolusVM host:

vzmigrate -v --ssh="-p 22" IP.of.your.Proxmox 101

That worked Very well.

I would however strongly suggest adding --remove-area no" to that command when running.
In short - this is important because IF THE NEW NODE DOES NOT HAVE A PROPER TEMPLATE - than it fails and you can be in all kinds of trouble.

The good news also is - you can still keep the old server running just by renaming the conf files and the /vz/private/id.migrated back to the numbers / filenames they used

Anyhow - I have been migrating roughly 300 containers out of Solus Tonight into ProxMox without difficulty.
Best Part - Once I turn all these other solus clusters down - I can use what I was spending as a donation to the folks who are making ProxMox possible.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!