[SOLVED] Snapshot failed with exit code 2: Permission denied

Kobach23

Jun 9, 2022
I've tried searching around for this one, but being new to Proxmox and Linux once again is proving to be a learning curve.

Made my first CT (LXC), using debian-11-standard_11.3-1_amd64.tar.zst to run pi-hole.

I've attached the full log of just trying to snapshot this machine by itself. For most things it's a safe assumption I left them at default but any and all advice is much appreciated. Thanks all.

Attachments

• 061222 failed snapshot 1.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 2
Hi,
I think you need to either configure a local tmpdir for the backup job or allow access to the unprivileged container's root user on the backup storage. See this thread for more information.

Hi,
I think you need to either configure a local tmpdir for the backup job or allow access to the unprivileged container's root user on the backup storage. See this thread for more information.
is vzdump.conf being adjusted in the CT or in the Proxmox node? I've got it set in the CT and still getting errors. New log is attached.

Attachments

• 061322 failed snapshot 1.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 4

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!