SMTP Notifications configuration for self-signed

Isnubi

Jul 25, 2023
Hello,

I want to configure my SMTP server to receive mail from my PVE cluster.
But, when I try to test my configuration, I got this return:
Code:
Could not test target: could not notify via endpoint(s): mail_endpoint: Connection error: error:0A000086:SSL routines:tls_post_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed:../ssl/statem/statem_clnt.c:1889: (self-signed certificate) (500)

I know that my certificate is self-signed but there's no option to tell PVE to not check the certificate.

How can I do that ?

Thanks.

As of now the only option is to add the certificate to the system's trust store. On Debian, you can copy the .crt to /usr/local/share/ca-certificates and then run update-ca-certificates. See man update-ca-certificates for more details.

Interesting topic, I am not able to configure pve to get email once the backup is done.
But am wondering if pve has an smtp server embedded ?

1709824593624.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!