SMART error (SelfTest) detected on host: pve

fals3illusion

Oct 16, 2023
Hello,

I am new to proxmox and SMART. I setup automated SMART Tests, short tests run daily and Long tests run monthly.

I got a couple emails from pve about the test this morning which I assume is from the LONG test...
SelfTest.jpgCurrentPendingSector.jpgOfflineUncorrectableSector.jpg
SMART error (SelfTest) detected on host: pve
SMART error (OfflineUncorrectableSector) detected on host: pve
SMART error (CurrentPendingSector) detected on host: pve

When I checked out the the drive in question on the pve GUI it says that it PASSED.

pveScreen.jpg

SMART Results.jpg

I am running a this drive as part of a 6 Disk RAIDZ2 pool that is passthrough to a TrueNAS VM I do not see any warnings on my pool.
TrueNAS Pool Status.jpg

Is this something I should be worried about? Is there something I can do to clear/ fix this error?
Attached is my results from smartctl -a /dev/sdl
Thanks for any help/insight.

Attachments

• smartctl -a -dev-sdl.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I recommend that you perform regular backups and ensure you have a replacement hard disk available. Replace it as soon as it starts showing more errors.

Reactions: UdoB

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!