Slow speed torrenting using an LXC container

aschneder

Nov 18, 2022
Brazil
Hello everyone! First post here, after a couple of days searching, I've decided to ask for help here.

I've successfully installed qBittorrent on a small LXC container running Ubuntu 20.04, also got the webui working, looking really good.

I also had manually mounted a couple of shared SMB locations from my local network, because I own an outdated NAS hardware that only works with SMBv1, I can now download my files directly to my NAS, really happy with it.

The problem is that the download speeds are terrible, I can only manage to get 5mbps. My Proxmox machine has a gigabit ethernet card, cables are fine, I can download to my NAS, using my destkop, at about 50mbps just fine, so I spend the last couple of days searching for a solution.

I've found this: https://qbforums.shiki.hu/viewtopic.php?p=36313&sid=9469c79a1921ee97567abdda3ed9450f#p36313

The problem with the solution above is that I have to mount the NAS storage to the CT, so it creates a CT image inside the NAS and I can no longer access the "raw" files over my desktop, I need them to be accessible over my network, for all my devices, as a regular SAMBA share.

Can someone help me on how to get the full access/bandwidth for my CT over to my NAS?

I'm new to Proxmox and I'm still learning a lot. I'm what they say a "power user", I can copy and paste code and get a general understanding of all but I have zero knowledge on Linux.

Thank you very much!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!