Shared storage on Proxmox from NAS

WwagnerPO

Aug 28, 2024
Hi everyone,

I'm not one to ask for help as I usually like to search and find solutions myself, but this one has me stumped.

Right now, I have a server with Proxmox installed and a Synology NAS, and I wanted to have a shared storage space for my LXC containers to access, download files, move them, etc. The main thing is that it's secure on my NAS and that I can also view those files from my DSM. Initially, I connected my NAS to Proxmox via NFS. But then I realized that when assigning space to the LXC, it creates a virtual .raw disk, and that wasn't what I expected because I can't see the files from the DSM, nor is it a shared space for the other LXC.

The only solution I found was to create an NFS space and then connect it to the LXC... but the truth is that it's a pretty long job. And I wonder if there's another way to do it?

My main language is not English, sorry for any mistakes.

Thanks.

The only solution I found was to create an NFS space and then connect it to the LXC... but the truth is that it's a pretty long job. And I wonder if there's another way to do it?
The NFS was right, yet you need to
  • add NFS to each LX(C) container seperately, or
  • bind mount the NFS to your container and you need to fix the permissions

Reactions: WwagnerPO
The NFS was right, yet you need to
  • add NFS to each LX(C) container seperately, or
  • bind mount the NFS to your container and you need to fix the permissions
Perfect... thank you.
If there is no other alternative then I will add each container.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!