[SOLVED] Server Won't Boot After Random Crash

Kyle L

Oct 28, 2021
Hi, I am fairly new to proxmox and servers in general. I was gaming on a Win 10 VM (w/ 3070 ti passthrough) when the server completely shut off. I turned it back on and was able to get back into the VM before the server turned off again after ~15 seconds. After another start I was shown the windows recovery menu. I decided to restart the server and have no longer been able to even get to the BIOS.

Now the server simply turns off about 3 seconds after supplying power to USB devices, before the post screen. This is roughly 10-15 seconds after hitting the power button.

I am inclined to think that this could be a hardware issue, but I came here for suggestions.

I can post the hardware list if requested. Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!