[SOLVED] Searching for a specific address/domain/IP on the Who Objects/Whitelist page

AVIYOR

Mar 27, 2023
Hi

There are a lot of addresses in my white list (imported from another system). Sometimes it becomes necessary to check if an address is on the white list. Search built into the browser does not work. Are there any workarounds to solve this problem?

try to solve the problem of checking if an address is on your white list in Proxmox. If Proxmox runs on a Linux-based system, so you can leverage command-line tools like grep to search for an address within the white list file. Open a terminal on your Proxmox server and use a command like the following to search for an address in the white list file:

grep "address_to_search" /path/to/white_list_file

Or some problems like this can be solved with help of tech support company etc. Maybe you should consider using their services

try to solve the problem of checking if an address is on your white list in Proxmox. If Proxmox runs on a Linux-based system, so you can leverage command-line tools like grep to search for an address within the white list file. Open a terminal on your Proxmox server and use a command like the following to search for an address in the white list file:

grep "address_to_search" /path/to/white_list_file

Or some problems like this can be solved with help of tech support company etc. Maybe you should consider using their services
It would be great if everything was that simple. I'm not sure you understand the problem

There are a lot of addresses in my white list (imported from another system). Sometimes it becomes necessary to check if an address is on the white list. Search built into the browser does not work. Are there any workarounds to solve this problem?
Maybe take a look to "pmgsh" which can be used to access the API via the command line or try a "pmgdb dump" to get a human-readable copy of the filter rules.

bye Josef

Reactions: AVIYOR
Maybe take a look to "pmgsh" which can be used to access the API via the command line or try a "pmgdb dump" to get a human-readable copy of the filter rules.

bye Josef
I think using a dump is a good starting point for solving my problem. Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!