SDN Networking Issue - Missing Vnets

kristris003

Feb 28, 2022
Hello all,
I am very new to the PVE world, and I am trying to test the SDN beta feature. During initial configuration I am running into an issue that is not posted anywhere. I have installed the libpve-network-perl & ifupdown2 packages, everything seems to go smoothly when creating controllers, zones, and vnets in the UI.. When you apply the configuration, the Zone is available on all three nodes as expected but the vnets show up in RED and the status is "error". In the zone, it says "vnet missing". I have checked the configuration via cli, and all looks complete. the logs show the following:

TASK ERROR: command '/usr/lib/frr/frr-reload.py --stdout --reload /etc/frr/frr.conf' failed: Not a CODE reference at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Tools.pm line 515.

PVE 7.1
Latest packages for ifupdown2 and libpve-network-perl

Any ideas on how I can continue to troubleshoot?

Last edited:
I see the same issue after trying to apply a configuration change.
This Proxmox cluster is a pure test system, the SDN configuration is not productive.

BTW: The forum should allow .cfg files to be attached to a post…

Attachments

• controllers.cfg.txt
    60 bytes · Views: 8
  • vnets.cfg.txt
    263 bytes · Views: 10
  • zones.cfg.txt
    266 bytes · Views: 7
  • .version.txt
    2 bytes · Views: 5
  • .running-config.txt
    904 bytes · Views: 6
about the frr error, sometime it can fail at reload.
i have sent a patch recently to force restart in this case, but it's not yet available in the package

https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-netw...;hpb=c5582ba30e3fec9f27cc1e18cedcbb6380c67689

(you can try to edit /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Network/SDN/Controllers/EvpnPlugin.pm, do the change, and restart pvedaemon service)

Note that it should not block the other part of the reload, so you shouldn't see "vnet missing" .

@gurubert
do you have any other error ? (vnet missing,....)
also , do you have the " "source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*" line in your /etc/network/interfaces ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!