SDN configuration for new cluster members

Axl_fzetafs

Apr 29, 2020
Hi,

it's a test-bed hence no criticality.
I started experimenting with one server and I configured the SDN part.
I then created the cluster and joined a second node.
At the moment, if I connect to the GUI using the 1st node I see the SDN section of the Datacentre, if I connect using the GUI on the 2nd one I don't see the SDN section.

What is the best way to replicate the SDN config from node 1 to node 2? Manually copying the files /etc/pve/sdn/zones.cfg and /etc/pve/sdn/vnets.cfg from the first to the second and then run "ifreload -a -d"?

Alex

Those are already replicated. The issue is probably that you didn't install the `libpve-network-perl` package on the 2nd node.

Reactions: Axl_fzetafs
Though vnets.cfg and zones.cfg are transferred to the new node, the file /etc/nerwork/interfaces.d/sdn doesn't seem to be copied.
I'm having hard time to replicate the network config on the new node...

Make sure you configure it for your new node as well.
The file /etc/network/interfaces.d/sdn is a local file for your node.

What does it show under Node -> SDN in the GUI?

Though vnets.cfg and zones.cfg are transferred to the new node, the file /etc/nerwork/interfaces.d/sdn doesn't seem to be copied.
I'm having hard time to replicate the network config on the new node...
the /etc/nerwork/interfaces.d/sdn is generated locally on each host when you click on apply in sdn main panel.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!