Samba over LXC Permission Issues

adamsarin

Jun 14, 2018
The issue im having is Samba can access a folder however when a new torrent is added to Deluge, Samba becomes unable to touch it and then i have to go chmod it if i wan't to touch it.

I have a Samba LXC running as privilleged and a Deluge thin client running as an unprivlleged.
I setup the deluged thin client using the setup listed here.
And samba was setup pretty straight forward with the only thing i tinkered with being adding this config.

[Storage] path = /Storage valid users = user read only = no writable = yes browsable = yes create mask = 0777 directory mask = 0777
In the past i had done practically the exact same thing yet i swear i didn't have this issue, maybe i caught it early, used a different guide or maybe with updates either the new deluge or something with samba / proxmox has changed because for the life of me i can't figure it out.

Proxmox also uses this in the config for both the Samba and the Deluge LXC.
/Storage,mp=/Storage

If anyone can offer any insight i would very much appreciate it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!