Role Permissions

Xudros

Jul 30, 2020
What are all the permissions I need to grant a role if I want it to be able to see a vms console, see the summary, send commands in the console, and using a file editor like winscp have access to the vm?

when I only have the VM.Audit and VM.Console I cannot see the vm, just the datacenter and pve, and I realized that it has nothing to do with accessing the files so ignore that part

when I only have the VM.Audit and VM.Console I cannot see the vm, just the datacenter and pve, and I realized that it has nothing to do with accessing the files so ignore that part
What steps did you take to configure these permissions? Did you assign them to an object in the Permissions tab? (e.g. to /, or to /vms/{vmid}…)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!