Restoring LXC with shared bind mount

Aug 14, 2020
USA
I have a container with a bind mount which is not included in the backups. When I try to restore the container, I get this error:
TASK ERROR: unable to restore CT 100 - unable to detect disk size - please specify mp0 (size)
The size of the disk in the GUI is listed as 32.99TB so, would I change my config line from
Code:
mp0: btank:subvol-115-disk-0,mp=/tank
to
Code:
mp0: btank:subvol-115-disk-0,mp=/tank,size=32990G

Another question I have is about backing up this shared mount point. Is there a way to backup this shared volume without having to backup and restore an LXC? It would be nice, from my perspective to have some sort of volume/VM disk management feature in PVE/PBS apart from the features that are tied to VMs/LXCs.

Also, PVE and PBS have been great solutions so far, shout out to the teams maintaining them.

Hi,

did you mounted it on the host its self or on vdisk, as i seening that you used a vdisk?

by default if you backup the CT then the vdisk would backup up tho.

if you connect direct at the host self mount passthrough you need to unmount the disk, DON'T DO THIS YOU USE MABYE A VDISK THE YOUR DATA IS GONE

I think you're asking how the volume was originally created? It was added from the gui to a container that no longer exists. Then it was added to multiple other containers via CLI.

The volume is excluded from backups by unchecking the backup box in GUI.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!