Restart proxmox ve

alfwro

Jan 10, 2022
Hi,
I have a proxmox ve lab server running half a dozen vm. All VMs are setup to start and shutdown in a specific order. Can someone please confirm that if I ssh onto my proxmox server and issue "restart" command that will:
1. shutdown all VMs as per the order specified in the options
2. restart proxmox server
3. start all VMs in order specified in the options.
Is that correct?
Thanks

Hi,
I have a proxmox ve lab server running half a dozen vm. All VMs are setup to start and shutdown in a specific order. Can someone please confirm that if I ssh onto my proxmox server and issue "restart" command that will:
1. shutdown all VMs as per the order specified in the options
I guess you mean reboot command? It will shut them down in the reversed order. So first starting guest will stop last.
2. restart proxmox server
3. start all VMs in order specified in the options.
Is that correct?
Jup.

Reactions: alfwro
Proxmox does the shutdown of VMs in reverse order (compared to startup). If you changed the order numbers, it will use the new order for shutdown. All VMs with the same order number are done at the same time (within the workers limit, I think). See the startup settting in the manual for more information.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!