required command to remove the ZFS snapshot via CLI

powersupport

Jan 18, 2020
Hi,

we have listed the snapshot using 'zfs list -t snapshot' but Could you please let me know how to remove the snapshot from command line?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Attachments

• zfs list.png
    zfs list.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 15
zfs destroy YourPool/SomeDatasetOrZvol@Snapshotname. Its the same as deleting a dataset or zvol just with the "@Snapshotname" after it.

Hi,

Seems like it is not working, Our ZFS pool is ool is completely full this might fail. I have attached the screenshot.

May I know if there is any way to remove these snapshots.

Please advise.zfs storage.png

Hi,

In this case, If we run "zfs destroy zfs_pool_01/vm-100-disk-0@__replicate_100-0_1650456000__ ". It will remove the snapshot? Also, may I confirm it will not affect storage data?

Please advise.

Hi,

In this case, If we run "zfs destroy zfs_pool_01/vm-100-disk-0@__replicate_100-0_1650456000__ ". It will remove the snapshot? Also, may I confirm it will not affect storage data?

Please advise.
Yes, this will only delete the snapshot, not the zvol itself. But looks like you are working with replicated zfs pools. Not sure if that could screw up something else, if the snapshot created by the replication service is suddenly missing.

Hi,

So, there is no other way to remove the zfs snapshot without affecting other data files?

Please advise.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!