[SOLVED] Repeated Log Message about Reset Low-speed USB Device Using xhci_hcd

Apr 11, 2022
I have been seeing syslog messages for a while with the following message:

Code:
reset low-speed USB device number 4 using xhci_hcd

I have found the culprit and wanted to share my fix here for anyone else who runs into this. The problem was located in the server's IPMI Virtual Keyboard and Mouse. The way to diagnose this is to look at the output of lsusb and lsusb -t. You then look what USB device is at the device number in the log message (simple, I know). In the case of my problem, all I needed to do was reboot the IPMI then reboot the server. After this, I have not observed the message in the logs again. I don't know the root cause, but the IPMI had been running since the server was installed without a reboot.

Reactions: leesteken

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!