Reduce some clatter: simplifying the GUI

koulis1234

Jul 23, 2017
Hey there I have been proxmox on the homelab and now convincing the company to make the switch from vmware.

UX is kind of a big deciding factor for them so I have been poking around the source to reduce some of the clatter in the web manager for a more minimal UX.

Can you please let me know what is the template framework? I saw the index.html.tpl file in /usr/share/pve-manager/ is that from SMARTY?

I would appreciate your input because the frontend is not at all documented in the dev docs. In fact I find proxmox a kick ass project and Im very proud to recommend it to my boss (in fact im doing it to check out the team's enterprise support :D) but my biggest complaint at this point would be the poor dev docs

Cheers!

been there done that :)

I would also like to contribute to the project, maybe you can add my gui as an alternative. I will post this on the dev mailing list too.

Reactions: AlexLup

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!