Recommendation for a dual Port Network card under 100€ ? (Proxmox with Pfsense)

Cassiopeia

Oct 26, 2020
Hi, I'd like to set up Pfsense or Opensense on a proxmox server.

I wanted to ask if you have any recommendation for a dual port network card for proxmox.
My budget is about 100€, maybe a little bit less.

I was thinking about

"10Gtek Networkadapter for Intel 82576 Chip 1G Gigabit Ethernet"

Which card?

A Dual Port 1G Card i'm guessing?

Products from 10Gtek that i had we're all fine and working reliable. Never had a network card though.
But it's an Intel Chip, so there's nothing much so say about it.

Only that you would get a Dual Port Intel 10Gbit/s card RJ45 for 150 Euros which might be the better solution on long term.

Which card?

A Dual Port 1G Card i'm guessing?

Products from 10Gtek that i had we're all fine and working reliable. Never had a network card though.
But it's an Intel Chip, so there's nothing much so say about it.

Only that you would get a Dual Port Intel 10Gbit/s card RJ45 for 150 Euros which might be the better solution on long term.

Hi, thanks for the reply, then I will buy this card and if we get all running, I'll invest in a better and more exprensive card. Unfortunately my Boss is not so easy with money on IT essentials, but I'll get him to this point.

Get yourself a dual port e1000 NIC on eBay.
Can be purchased around 20 Bucks

Get yourself a dual port e1000 NIC on eBay.
Can be purchased around 20 Bucks
He's right, That works too.

I just like to don't buy things twice, so even if i don't need 10GbE now, i won't sell a server without it, since infrastructure and the design of it most likely changes overtime.
And those cards are getting really cheap. Especially the 10GbE SFP+ cards costing only 40 Euros.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!