reboot issue - HPe Microserver Gen10 does not reboot/shutdown since update to PVE7.1 / PBS 2.1

Oct 14, 2020
Hello everyone,

i'm kind of lost here.
I'm having the same issue as described here in the german thread: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/reboot-problem-hp-microserver-gen-10.100508/

Just as a side information:
I've had PBS running for a while on an HPe Microserver now. Last Week Friday i updated PBS to the latest version and the server didn't want to reboot.
Only a hard reset helped

Now i installed the latest version of PVE on another Microserver Gen10 and i cannot get it to shutdown or reboot.
The disks sync, they shut off, but the server doesn't shutdown or reboot.

The behaviour is different when i try to shutdown.
All disks sync, Video output goes off and normally i expect it to power down. Instead it's slowly spinning up each individual disk and then does nothing.

USB is not responding anymore and i need to hard reset it.

Because this issue persists in PBS and PVE i suspect some form of kernel issue. Every other OS i have tried works just fine (Fedora 35, Debian 11, Ubuntu 21.10, Manjaro).

(Sadly there are no real logs that help, Network is down too, no video, no nothing)

What i creatively tried:
reboot with --force --force, also reboot -p --force --force.

Nothing worked sadly.
Does anyone maybe have a clou what's going on here?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
The kernel 5.15.5-1 is allowing my Microserver Gen10 to properly shutdown/reboot.

Install it with:

Bash:
apt-get -y install pve-kernel-5.15.5-1-pve pve-headers-5.15.5-1-pve

Report back if you still can´t shutdown/reboot with this kernel

Reactions: moose and fpausp
Hi folks,

I can confirm that after having installed pve-kernel-5.15 HP on my MicroServer Gen 10 with AMD Opteron(tm) X3421 APU CPU the following problems don't occur anymore:

• reboot and shutdown are working now again
  • my problems mentioned in this thread are fixed

Greetinx

moose

Reactions: t.lamprecht
Had the same issue with an HP computer on AMD A4 SOC/CPU, installing the 5.15 kernel solved it as well.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!