question migrating replacing

raqdedicados

Nov 26, 2008
HI Actually we have running two servers,

raq102 master with 3 vms
raq103 slave with 3 vms

Now we are going to install another, raq104 to replace the master node, which things u would take on consideration, and

which steps u will perform to do this ? do i'm right or i will be in trouble ? should i put some special command ?

1- move all the raq102 vms to raq103
2- install proxmox on raq104 new server
3- setup raq104 as master
4- log in to raq103 and attach is as slave to raq104 ? but this will delete me all the vms running on it ?? or you would suggest, setup raq103 as master, and then attach raq104 as slave to it ??
5- distribute the vms between then

i very appreciate your help, this software is very prommising and we are very entusiastic on it ! !!

Thanks

Diego

HI Actually we have running two servers,

raq102 master with 3 vms
raq103 slave with 3 vms

Now we are going to install another, raq104 to replace the master node, which things u would take on consideration, and

which steps u will perform to do this ? do i'm right or i will be in trouble ? should i put some special command ?

1- move all the raq102 vms to raq103
2- install proxmox on raq104 new server
3- setup raq104 as master
4- log in to raq103 and attach is as slave to raq104 ? but this will delete me all the vms running on it ?? or you would suggest, setup raq103 as master, and then attach raq104 as slave to it ??
5- distribute the vms between then

i very appreciate your help, this software is very prommising and we are very entusiastic on it ! !!

Thanks

Diego

Hi Diego,

here are the steps:

1. Move all VM´s to raq103
  2. Install raq104 from ISO check IP settings and run apt-get update/upgrade
  3. Join raq104 to the master: pveca -a -h raq102
  4. Wait till all 3 nodes are in sync
  5. Make sure that raq102 has no VM´s on it. power off (never turn on again)
  6. Force raq104 to be the new master: pveca -m
  7. Force raq103 to sync now from the new master: pveca -s -h raq104

Tom

Perfect! One question, when i force the resync raq103 slave to raq 104 master, i will loose the vm inside of Raq 103? I ask u coz in the manual says that slave node to join master must be empty.

Thanks !!!!

Tom

Perfect! One question, when i force the resync raq103 slave to raq 104 master, i will loose the vm inside of Raq 103? I ask u coz in the manual says that slave node to join master must be empty.

Thanks !!!!

you read the manual - cool!

under normal conditions, the problem is when you join a node with VM´s to a master with VM´s you will get VMID conflicts. Thats the reason because we point this out in the manual.

but as you do have same VMID´s, this not apply here for this migration.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!