QEMU 5 and Legacy IGD passthrough

I was able to build the debian package qemu-server 6.2-4 and install it. However my guess is the changes are really in the pve-qemu since I am starting my VM from the command line to test. To be clear I am using the /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 binary with an option of

Code:
-device vfio-pci,host=0000:00:02.0,id=hostdev0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x2,rombar=1,romfile=IntelUHD520.bin,x-igd-opregion=on

Running into issues with cargo now since I need to build libproxmox-backup-qemu0-dev:

Code:
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: error: Unmet build dependencies: check libproxmox-backup-qemu0-dev (>= 0.2.0-1)

I was able to build the debian package qemu-server 6.2-4 and install it.

qemu-server 6.2.4 is already available in our pvetest repository.

Reactions: tachang
The full fixes will be included in qemu-server 6.2-4 and pve-qemu-kvm 5.0.0-5, which should hit the pve-no-subscription repository soon. You can build the packages from source as well, if you don't want to wait (see https://git.proxmox.com).

With those packages installed, you can specify "legacy-igd=1" in your <vmid>.conf for the hostpci device to enable the new mode.

How can I see wether or not I have the required fixes included in my version of proxmox? Just freshly downloaded and installed 6.2-4 the other day. Also, where specifically do I set the "legacy-igd=1"? Just on a new line?

How can I see wether or not I have the required fixes included in my version of proxmox?

you can get your installed packages with:

> pveversion -v

if you update via GUI, you will can click on each package you see the changelog.

for installed packages, just read the changelog via apt, for example the changelog for pve-qemu-kvm via CLI:

> apt changelog pve-qemu-kvm

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!