PVE-zsync

bea

Dec 25, 2020
Hello!

I have found this very interesting PVE-zsync thing, I would like to use it, but I have read IP addresses must be used to configure it.

I have two PVE hosts in two different locations. I would like to sync them so that one is redundant of the other for a quick disaster recovery. They are not directly exposed to the Internet.

I access PVE1 through an SSH jump (ProxyJump) on a publicly exposed machine on its same subnet. I access PVE2 the same way. (And I access their GUI through a tunnel using the jump SSH connection.)

Any idea or workaround to make it possible to use PVE-zsync on this scenario?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Why is not PVE-zsync integrated intro the PVE GUI?
Perhaps it is somehow problematic in some way?
Isn't PVE-zsync the best option when you have two PVEs in different locations and you want them to be redundant for a quick disaster recovery?

On site 1 I have PVE1 and PBS1. On site 2 I have PVE2 and PBS2. Only one PVE is actively hosting guests. As a recovery strategy I configured remote sync between the two PBSs , so in case of a problem at a site I could quickly go the other site's PVE and restore the guests from its local (same-site) PBS.

But, since I read about this PVE-zsync, I think that would be a quicker solution, wouldn't it? Is there any drawback?

Still I don't understand how the two PVEs would communicate through PVE-Zsync, in the documentation I have not seen anything about ports. If they communicate through SSH, can I use a custom port?

Regarding the questions on my previous post, I guess I could make a VPN so that both PVEs could diretly talk to each other using IP addresses.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!