PVE Web UI fails to load on poor network

jspp

Jul 21, 2020
Hi,

I'm experiencing issues loading the PVE Web UI of a remote home server to which I have a somewhat poor connection.

To be more specific:
I'm running a remote home server, which gets internet over a mobile network connection with quite bad upload. I have a site-to-site WireGuard tunnel configured to access the remote network and home server. I can access everything running there just fine - if slowly - like a Home Assistant, OPNsense, UniFi-Controller, except for the PVE Web UI.
I can sometimes load it, but most of the times it just fails to load. This then looks like this:

Screenshot from 2023-08-31 05-09-56.png
On Firefox I can't see any GET-request issues, but I see varying JavaScript errors.

Screenshot from 2023-08-31 05-08-58.png
On Chromium I see GET-request issues with net::ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH 200 (OK) and then also JavaScript errors.

I'm also pretty sure, I didn't have those problems like a year ago, tho this might not necessarily be on Proxmox, but maybe network conditions changed.

Also of note is that I can't reproduce those issues by going into the browsers network simulation, it only happens in the real world.

Best regards,
Julian

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!