[SOLVED] pve-firewall blocking upgrade

Henrique

Feb 8, 2016
Hey all,

I'm trying to upgrade my Proxmox install, that is running 4.3-9. After the `apt-get upgrade` command, I noticed that two packages weren't installed: `pve-firewall` and `pve-manager`. I tried to upgrade the `pve-manager` first, but it said it was dependent of `pve-firewall`, so I tried to upgrade it.

However, it dumped an error:

Code:
Setting up pve-firewall (2.0-33) ...
Job for pve-firewall.service failed. See 'systemctl status pve-firewall.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
dpkg: error processing package pve-firewall (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of pve-manager:
pve-manager depends on pve-firewall; however:
  Package pve-firewall is not configured yet.

So I checked the firewall log, using `systemctl status pve-firewall.service -l`. And this was the error:

Code:
Feb 06 11:29:39 xxxx systemd[1]: Reloading Proxmox VE firewall.
Feb 06 11:29:40 xxxx pve-firewall[9338]: Attempt to reload PVE/LXC.pm aborted.
Feb 06 11:29:40 xxxx pve-firewall[9338]: Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/FirewallSimulator.pm line 9, <DATA> line 751.
Feb 06 11:29:40 xxxx pve-firewall[9338]: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/FirewallSimulator.pm line 9, <DATA> line 751.
Feb 06 11:29:40 xxxx pve-firewall[9338]: Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Service/pve_firewall.pm line 16, <DATA> line 751.
Feb 06 11:29:40 xxxx pve-firewall[9338]: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Service/pve_firewall.pm line 16, <DATA> line 751.
Feb 06 11:29:40 xxxx pve-firewall[9338]: Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/pve-firewall line 6, <DATA> line 751.
Feb 06 11:29:40 xxxx pve-firewall[9338]: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/pve-firewall line 6, <DATA> line 751.
Feb 06 11:29:40 xxxx systemd[1]: pve-firewall.service: control process exited, code=exited status=255
Feb 06 11:29:40 xxxx systemd[1]: Reload failed for Proxmox VE firewall.

I don't use the pve-firewall at all, does someone have any idea how can I fix this?

EDIT: I also just noticed that Proxmox is not listening on the web interface and I can't get it to start :(

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!