PVE console - disable tab capture?

lnxprof

Nov 17, 2011
Is there a way to disable tab navigation in the pop-out Console window to a VM?

Tab completion in a bash shell on a VM is usurped by the tab navigation in the console window. I didn't see a way to disable the console window's handling of tabs and feel like a fish out of water without bash tab completion.

Is there a configuration file for the Console window settings that I'm overlooking?

ADVthanksANCE

Thanks, Tom.

The workaround that you referenced to tweak {tag: 'param', name: 'Show Controls', value: 'Yes'} in /usr/share/pve-manager/ext4/pvemanagerlib.js worked to fix the tab capture in the console window.

Using Linux Mint (MGSE 12 or LMDE 2011-12) or Ubtuntu 11.10, I have the same problem when using Chromium. Firefox seems not having the same problem - although Firefox has many other trouble, including crashing 10 times per day because of Java or Flash.

When using the workaround 'Show Controls' = yes, Chrome does intercept the tab key as expected.

Jean-Christophe

Last edited:
try "ALT GR/Tab" as a workaround.

well, nothing happens hitting right alt+tab

it's very easy to reproduce eh, you just need a ubuntu/mint desktop and it happens an all browsers, tried chromium also

Thanks, Tom.

The workaround that you referenced to tweak {tag: 'param', name: 'Show Controls', value: 'Yes'} in /usr/share/pve-manager/ext4/pvemanagerlib.js worked to fix the tab capture in the console window.
This has an unwanted side effect. Setting 'Show Controls' to 'Yes' brakes scaling.:(

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!