Public Domain for VMs

turkel

Nov 16, 2019
Hello,
I have setup proxmox and 3 VMs in it (Debian, Ubuntu, windows). I have 2 public domain and need to forward them to linux servers and keep windows only locally available. I also have ddwrt router connected directly to network and physical home server.

I want to know should I forward domains to VMs by router or with proxmox iteself? if proxmox how can I manage and where can I get an instruction.

Thanks beforehand.

Regards,
Turkel.

Hi,

this is not normal.
What Proxmox version do you use and what nic
Code:
pveversion -v
lspci | grep net

sorry for late response.
Everything is OK with my proxmox.
I need your suggestion as I have one public IP and want to direct several domains through this ip and proxmox into respective VMs.
I am able to modify proxmox nginx vhost file to achieve this redirection but I also dont want to ruin proxmox stability. So do you suggest me to modify proxmox vhost to achive domain redirection to respective VMs? or you have another solution.
I done want to set up other VM for just such kind of redirections/forwardings.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!