Proxmox with zimbra mail server

tejesh5171

Feb 28, 2022
I just installed PMG and I went through the bowser with my PMG ip address there i add relay ip address and domain name I didn't get any changes in my mail gateway do I need to configure in my zimbra also like relaying my zimbra to PMG ??

how to relay the zimbra mail server to PMG, What is the PMG relay host name, Please help me with this

Have you setup MX record to point all incoming email to PMG instead of zimbra?

Thank you for you're reply
I didn't create any MX record's, is it required??
if it is required what are the MX records is needed to add??
Do we need to remove the zimbra records??

Last edited:
Do you have MX record pointing to your zimbra for incoming email? If yes, you need to replace it with PMG.
If you use PMG as outgoing server as well, need to update SPF record too.

Do you have MX record pointing to your zimbra for incoming email? If yes, you need to replace it with PMG.
If you use PMG as outgoing server as well, need to update SPF record too.
Well, I have configured MX records and SPF for both incoming and outgoing to work with PMG, what else is required to be changed in zimbra to send outgoing emails using PMG? incoming is working fine though.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!