Proxmox webgui/host becoming unresponsive

Nath2125

Feb 1, 2023
Hi there,

This is how my webgui looks, I'm unable to access anything and all sits and loads and loads and do anything and I'm coming here for help on what to do and how to fix this.

1703938375262.png

This is what displays when you plug a monitor into it:
1703938513639.png

The that thing I did was configure the network settings like below so I can link agger 2 eth ports on the device to the switch.
1703938564909.png

I am also currently in the works of setting up iscsi with a storage box to move the vm data over there. So some of the VMS running are stored via iscsi and in the local drive LVM.

I know this isn't a lot to work with, but I'm confused myself what I could have done to break this. Other than, maybe the drive has failed? If there is more information that I can provide, please let me know, as I want to get to the bottom of this with a solution.

update:
I can no longer sign into the webgui. It says please wait and loads for a few mins and then prompts with Login Failed, Please Try Again. I have tried this 3x times and made sure its the right user and password.

It seems that your disk /dev/sdb has a problem.

Regarding your network configuration, you have set up 802.3ad, can your switch do that too and is it configured accordingly? The mode must be explicitly supported by the switch; it is not independent of the switch configuration.

Yes it has been set up on the switch side, as well.
1703942892367.png

In regards to your comment about "/dev/sdb" would that mean the drive has failed or is failing? I'm pretty sure this drive has been only in use for about a year or so, maybe even less.

Side note:
I have just checked a few of the applications I host in those vms and they are "Active" and working. Regardless of what the proxmox says. Just unsure right now as it wont take my login information.

Last edited:
Cpu probably about 5-10% off memory and IO maybe 0-5 but can't get exact as still having issues logging in.

Update:

I had turned off my machine because it was irritating me I could not log in and my KVM wasn't allowing me to monitor into it.

After 6 hours of leaving it off and now about 10 mins ago turning back on, it appears to be fully up webgui is accessible and VMS have fully loaded as they are meant to be, all storage local and remote is accessible. So far so good, unsure if maybe the machine was getting hot? And struggling as it's in a server rack with other devices, but I didn't believe it was that hot when I was having those issues. Regardless, thanks everyone for your help, I will keep this open for a day or so in case this changes overnight.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!