Sud

Feb 7, 2023
Hello, hope everyone is having a good day.

Today, I got proxmox installed on a dedicated server that I rented and I made an lxc with the same IP as the server IP. I think that messed something up coz when I did that the web dashboard went down and I wasnt able to ssh reliably. Sometimes it would ssh into the server sometimes it would ssh into the lxc. After alot of hit and misses I was able to delete the lxc and ssh started working again but the Web GUI didnt come back up.

I full access to the server via ssh but when I access the GUI it loads the title and favicon of the page but then the page comes up just blank with nothing on it.
I have tried all the things that forums mentioned like reinstall libextjs, pvedaemon and pveproxy.
I have tried multiple browsers too, but none work and have the same error.
The browser console shows up the following errors though.

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH
charts.js?ver=7.0.0:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: Ext is not defined at charts.js?ver=7.0.0:1:1
proxmoxlib.js?ver=3.5.3:2 Uncaught ReferenceError: Ext is not defined at proxmoxlib.js?ver=3.5.3:2:1
pvemanagerlib.js:1

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH
locale-en.js?ver=7.0.0:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: Ext is not defined at locale-en.js?ver=7.0.0:1:1
(anonymous) @ locale-en.js?ver=7.0.0:1
(index):38 Uncaught ReferenceError: Ext is not defined at (index):38:5

I dont really want to reinstall the OS as the network config for an extra subnet that I wanted on proxmox has taken me long enough to sort out, I am ready to try any suggestions anyone might have.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi,

have you tried rebooting your server yet? Also try reinstalling the pve-manager package (and reloading the pvedaemon and pveproxy services). Do you see anything interesting in /var/log/pveproxy/access.log?

My provider reinstalled the OS for me, still same issue persists.
I ll check the access log once I get access to the server thank you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!