proxmox vncwebsocket

liuzezhong

May 18, 2018
I had some problems with proxmox.

Please help me.

I tried to connect to VNC using the proxmox API (local, not using the console in the proxmox web panel) through noVNC.

I send POST requests to/api2 / json/nodes / {node} / qemu / {vmid} / vncproxy to get vncticket and port.
Then, I pass the vncticket and give the port GET/api2 / json/nodes / {node} / qemu / {vmid} / vncwebsocketbut instead of websocket, which always returns null. {" data ": null}.

And the HTTP status is the 401 permissions denied - invalid PVEVNC ticket.

I can't find any mistakes.

I follow the steps above and use the root account.

Proxmox 5.1

upload_2018-5-18_23-18-5.png

Last edited:
I was trying the same and notice that vncticket have to be url encoded to work properly.

In my case, i receive HTTP 101 response, which is correct, but noVNC asks me for authentication. I'm trying to figure out which password is it.
All the help is welcome.
Mozilla Firefox_192.png
Mozilla Firefox_195.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!